Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In His Presence

Well, well, well. I'm back. I haven't written in quite a while. The busy back to school life has returned, and I hardly have time to catch my breath by the end of the day. Yes, I know I'm not in school anymore. That's contrary to the belief of some students who saw me at the high school last week... pushing my baby in her stroller. Not completely sure it was meant as a compliment, but hey, I'll take it.

So there has been the busy schedule thing, but I also haven't written because I have been waiting for some profound revelation to write about. Just waiting. And waiting. And waiting...

But, then I remembered. That was never my intention with this blog. My heart was to share what was going on. The good, the bad, and the ugly. So, I apologize. I'm sorry for waiting around until I had something "great" to write about. For not sharing because I don't think I have something good to bring to the table.

This is the mentality I struggle with between God and me. The enemy lies and tells me that God doesn't want to spend time with me until I have something good to bring to the table. Or that I need to clean myself up before I can spend time in His presence. I hate those lies. And yet I live like I believe them.

The truth is, when Jesus paid the penalty for my sin through His death on the cross, He made me clean enough to be in God's Holy presence. I've been washed as white as snow. Not because of anything I brought to the table. Simply because of His love, grace, and mercy. So, if God loved me enough to make a way for me to spend eternity with Him, why do I act like He doesn't want to spend time with me everyday? Because He so does! It's me who chooses otherwise.

It's in His presence where I am made whole. Surprise! He knows I'm broken already! In Matthew 11:28, He invites the "weary and burdened" to come to Him. Not the perfect and complete. He knows I will never have anything good to bring to the table. 
And He still delights in ME. 
And He delights in YOU!

So let's stop with the guilt trips and shameful glances at our Bibles that have remained untouched for weeks. He's waiting for you. Not with a furrowed brow, and not with a list of the time you've missed. But He waits with more love and grace than we could ever fathom. 

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17 NIV84)
I hope this leaves you encouraged. I'm praying for you a renewed energy and excitement in your time with the Lord. 

There is peace and abund joy in His presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment